Tuesday, October 27, 2009

One Pot Meals for Justin and Jamie Parks

Facebook | Jamie Parks

My One Pot meal recipe is being created right NOW because that first grandchild of mine is 5 days past 40 weeks!!!!

Okay...for starters..

Ingredients;
1 bag dried navy beans- have been rehydrated via the "quick start method". I rinsed the beans and added 6 cups of fresh water to the pot. They are now simmering on the stove with 2 tbsp of calle de polla, dried chicken boullion. I will leave to simmer for 1/2 an hour.

Okay sorry for the delay, I have a grandson, baby boy Landen Michael Parks!7 lbs and as purty as a boy can be!

(Justin loves green olives)

So! I added some olive oil EVOO! maybe 1/4 cup.
I chopped 4 cloves of garlic because Justin and Jamie love garlic.
AND 1 onion to keep the colds at bay. (sorry baby)
Kosher salt- 2 pinches
fresh ground pepper to taste. In my case LOTS!
20 pimento stuffed green olives diced
a handful of basil chopped
3 shakes of trappeys jalapeno hot sauce

And there you go, add water to make soup or simmer it down and ladle over pasta.
Either way it's pretty a fairly healthy and fresh meal. They liked it!

Take care , Sherry

No comments: